Mrs. Day's Top Ten Questions... Answered
10. Where are you from? I was born and raised in Wabasha! I enjoy teaching in the school I attended.
9. What is your favorite part of teaching? I love getting to know a new group of students each year! The day goes by so quickly, I don't have time to "watch the clock" ever!
8. Who is in your family? I grew up the youngest and only girl with 3 older brothers. I am married to a UPS man, Chris. We have two children Zoey and Zac.
7. Where did you go to College? I attended University of Wisconsin - LaCrosse and Winona State University.
6. When did you decide to be a teacher? After high school, I was undecided on my future plans. I ended up in Cincinnati Ohio living with a family as a nanny. My nanny family "guided" me to look further into a teaching career. They are still a huge part of my life, and I credit my career to them for all their encouragement!
5. How long have you taught? I started teaching Kindergarten at W-K in 2006 and taught for 11 years. I started teaching preschool in 2017.
4. When you're not in school, where will you be found? Probably not at home! I feel that our family is always busy. We love boating, camping, visiting Lark Toys, taking walks, biking, and all the other usual family activities. If I am at home, you will probably find me in the kitchen decorating a cake or baking cupcakes.
3. What is your least favorite part of teaching? SO MUCH TO DO!!! I want to do it ALL, and typically just get overwhelmed because I can't!
2. What is something you've brought to your school? I discovered a timer system that I use daily in my classroom. When others realized how it changed and bettered my teaching they started asking about it. Next thing I knew many other teachers started using the sound system as well. I love passing this idea on to other teachers, it is a life saver in the classroom!
1. What are you most excited about this school year? I love getting to know a new group of students and finding better ways to reach each of them!